Dallmayr Mrs South Africa finally revealed its much-awaited Top 30 Finalists for 2023 on Friday 8th July 2023, following a selection process from a pool of remarkable participants. The renowned women’s empowerment programme made the announcement at its first-ever Semi-Final Showcase, a glamorous and star-studded affair hosted at the Theatre of Marcellus, in Johannesburg, in association with Dallmayr Coffee South Africa.
The announcement followed an intense full day of judging by an expert selection committee that included Catherine Constantinides, a renowned environmentalist and social justice activist. Constantinides was joined by medical doctor, model, and actor Dr Fezile Mkhize; entrepreneur and 2020 Mrs South Africa Jacqueline Ferns; and accomplished business professional and 2018 Mrs South Africa Matapa Maila.
The judging culminated in the spectacular black-tie showcase event, where guests were entertained by MC Jo-Ann Strauss, an in-demand international speaker.
Guests were also treated to an inspirational speech by reigning Queen Palesa Matjekane, and fundraising proceeds were handed over to Mrs South Africa’s official charities, CANSA (Cancer Association of South Africa) and SAAC (South African Animal Cancer Association). Finally, the semi-finalists showed off their dazzling evening wear before the Top 30 Finalists were announced.
Speaking at the event, Joani Johnson, Chief Executive Officer of Dallmayr Mrs South Africa, noted that this year’s finalists represented a true celebration of diversity and beauty in all its forms.
“Mrs South Africa is a platform that aims to showcase and support extraordinary married women from all walks of life, and the judges were particularly impressed by the calibre of this year’s contestants,” she said.
“As you’ll see, this year’s finalists come from all corners of the country, and they’ve all proven themselves as exceptional ambassadors for both our brand and for all South African women. Their talent, beauty and determination stand as inspirational examples to us all, and we look forward to working closely with them and seeing what they accomplish as we complete the last leg of the journey towards the final crowning in November 2023.”
The Top 30 Finalists for 2023 are:
- Aadila Bobat from Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
- Anita Momberg from Kuils River, Western Cape
- Berlina Lekgethwane from Mogwase, North West
- Caitlin Chetty from Benoni, Gauteng
- Carlien van Rensburg from Cape Town, Western Cape
- Dawn Arendse from Paarl, Western Cape
- Deliwe Selepe from Johannesburg, Gauteng
- Emeldah Mnisi from Die Heuwel, Mpumalanga
- Ephy Mathebula from Lephahalale, Limpopo
- Kwena Mangena from Alberton, Gauteng
- Lebogang Masekela from Pretoria, Gauteng
- Lemé van der Walt from Pretoria, Gauteng
- Lesego Nkuna from Hartbeespoort, North West
- Marissa Burness from Edenvale, Gauteng
- Nadine Van der Wateren from Randpark Ridge, Gauteng
- Nekisha Lupke from Centurion, Gauteng
- Nelisiwe Nhlapo from Fourways, Gauteng
- Noeline Rajbally from Umhlanga, KwaZulu-Natal
- Nokuthula Maduma from Fourways Gauteng
- Pearl Nikolic from Pretoria, Gauteng
- Pondo Osuigwe from Kempton Park, Gauteng
- Roshini Pakkiree from Louis Trichardt, Limpopo
- Roulene Bonthuys from Middelburg, Mpumalanga
- Sheila Moagi from Fourways, Gauteng
- Terisa Hsu-Lee from Midrand, Gauteng
- Thembi Magwaza from Umhlanga, KwaZulu-Natal
- Theresa Maluleke from Johannesburg, Gauteng
- Tshego Gaelae from Centurion, Gauteng
- Vourne Kgosinkwe from Roodepoort, Gauteng
- Wanzel Bruwer from Randburg, Gauteng
Mrs South Africa Pty Ltd would like to thank its partners and sponsors: Dallmayr Coffee, Action Coach, Brentoni Eyewear, BTL Medical Aesthetics, Chery Krugersdorp, Collagen Lift Paris, DrK Dermal Health, Espavo Hair design, Flora Mystique, Hirsch’s Homestore, iStyle, Kryolan Professional Makeup, Lashout, Maskscara, MSC Cruises, PKF Octagon, PR Worx, Slimz, Truewood Furniture, Urbantrend, Voelgoed Media, Whirlpool and Wild Africa Cream